About Friendly Grocer
Friendly Grocer (formerly known as Four Square) has been operating for over 50 years in Australia. We are part of a buying group acting on behalf of all our members to provide very competitive prices to all our customers. With over 240 stores in QLD, NSW and ACT, with all stores owned, run and managed by local people. Friendly Grocer is "Just around the corner".
The Friendly Grocer Brand
The Friendly Grocer brand was introduced in 2006 when we decided that it was time to give the group a new brand direction for the future of our
members and customers. Built on the success of Four Square, the Friendly Grocer brand reflects a strong, clear direction in retail, along with a trusted name.
- Originally founded in New Zealand in 1923 and came to Australia in 1956
- QLD stores were rebranded to ‘Friendly Grocer’ in 2006
- We offer competitive weekly offers through our catalogues
- We pride ourselves in friendly staff & customer service
- We are “Just around the corner” with 240 stores
- We stock a great selection of products throughout our stores
- We have convenient opening times to suit our customers
- We are a non profit organisation
- Our members remain independent but enjoy access to collective buying and marketing power